Wednesday, May 12, 2010

At the End Of Life...


Time again and again we face a situation where someone close to our heart leaves us. Someone close to our heart, may be your Parents or Spouse or friends, who ever the deceased may be our heart happens to ache. Such is the shock the we are not able to control our senses. I have seen many a hundred people who happen to die, with no warning they die, I say those people who die without any warning or any prolonged illness are the lucky ones because they do not give any chance of trouble to their near ones. Although most of us Indians are more willing to serve our ailing relative but when the suffering stretches over a long time, it is the human nature and we get bored.
And now I have returned from a funeral of a friend’s son. My friend was in a state of shock. The child was just 3 years old, he died of injuries after he felled from their two storied building in a posh locality. When I saw the Childs body I saw calm and smiling face as if he was he was playing a prank on us by acting as if he was sleeping. I myself was thinking that no he is not dead, this little flower is not dead. I stood there waiting to see if the child will get up. I don’t know what the child’s parents were thinking nor can I imagine their grief but I was also sad and feeling uneasy, my heart wanted to go back and run to my home. Tough I may look but I too have a heart that is softer than water and my heart melts when I see such things. Mostly I have tough time controlling myself from bursting into tears.


If you like Delivering Thoughts then don’t forget to Subscribe to RSS Feed

5 comments:

  1. hi liked you blog ,it has nice calm outlook and very beautiful writing ,l
    death is most biggest truth of life and a fact which cannot be changed anyway so there is only way to live life peacefully is accept the fact and enjoy the amount of time you r i have ,take car

    and thanks for kind words on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu alaikum,

    It is not easy to write about death, I feel your pain and appreciate your undrstanding of life.

    We certainly feel sad on the departure of dear ones but the patience should always be our companion until there is the time of our own departure.

    Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing what we feel is just a gift,as not everyone is able to put their feelings into words.

    Your words are from the heart an so sincere.

    I guess yes most of us get to witness death at some time of our life. Some much more than others.
    Your friends little 3 year old would not have had that chance.

    Death I say makes many changes to our beings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister died in a car accident. So sudden! It took me more than a year to be able to accept the fact that she is no longer alive. Sob!

    ReplyDelete
  5. its so sad that your sister died in a car accident...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Poems.